Friday, June 20, 2014

The Brown- Haired Girl (A Common Love Story)

So, I got some really random inspiration the other day and wrote a poem. I think it turned out pretty good :) 




The Brown-Haired Girl (A Common Love Story)

Part I
I fell in love
With a brown-haired girl
Her eyes were the deepest blue

Oh I fell in love
With a brown-haired girl 
Her beauty it was true

Across her face, her freckles rest
Matching the ones upon her chest

And in the night
Her eyes would light
As she marveled at the stars

Tall and thin
It's hard to begin 
To describe the way she walked

Evenly paced
were her steps of grace

Aesthetics weren't her beauty, though
Her smile was much too wide
But it added a sense of realism

To the way
She laughed 
Or cried

Part II
I fell in love
With a funny girl
Her eyes were sparkling blue

Oh, I fell in love
WIth a funny girl
Who's compassion was quite true

Her jokes were often strange
But they were a nice change

The way she laughed
Was like a draft
Sending shivers up my spine

She smiled at all
 I do recall,
To even those who frowned

Her laugh would lighten up my heart
I had to love her from the start

Humor was not her beauty, though
her laugh was much too loud
But it added a sense of comfort

When she tried
To help
Us out

Part III
I fell in love
With an intelligent girl
Who eye's were not quite blue

Oh I fell in love 
With an intelligent girl
Who's eyes would challenge your view

She would share her thought,
But rarely fought

Oh she was strong
For when proved wrong
She wouldn't hesitate to change

Oh I fell in love
With a wonderful girl 
Who's eyes were dark blue

Oh I fell in love 
With an unusual girl
But this story is hardly new


2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW!!! I love this!!! Awww it was so beautiful! I like it a lot! you're very talented! Keep writing poems! they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you thank you thank you!! *hugs*

      Delete