Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A very quick mini-review of SAO

You may or may not know this, but I watch anime based on recommendation only. Why? Because if at least two people I know like it, then it is probably good. I really don't have the time to go out and watch shows that I don't like, so it works. I try to find two friends  (irl or internet) who have enjoyed it, and then read a review or two (one on CAA and one where ever I can find it). I try to give the show a good 3 episodes before I quit.

I have heard a lot about this "great show- Sword Art Online- that you should totally watch!". So, a while back, I gave it a try.

I do not understand how so many people loved it.

Like, the plot had really cool potential, and the animation was good, and the acting was ok, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the third episode. And then I talked to some other people and said that it only goes downhill from there.

I'm not trying to bash this show or anything, trust me. I'm just curious- have you seen it? What do you like about it? Do you feel that it's aimed at a very specific group of people, and others just wouldn't enjoy it quite as much?

I'd like to hear what others think of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment