Thursday, March 26, 2015

Shaak Ti Cosplay: Planning

Hey everyone! Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth like that... I know I had scheduled posts, but it's still not the same xD I have a million posts to check out now that i'm actually on blogger again haha

Ok, so obviously I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm going to CVII Anaheim this April!! I am so, so excited, because the Lakehousers have a big dinner planned and there's a whole bunch of awesome things to do and I finally get to meet/see my friends and it's going to be AMAZING!!

Of course I'm doing a costume- one that I've been planning on making since I first ventured into cosplay- Shaak Ti! Yep! Finally doing it! 

My main reference is the TCW version (right), but I'm also taking inspiration from the film version. It's a little difficult when a character has two different versions that are so similar! I personally like the colors of the TCW version better- it gives a little more variety. Also, the Lekku have more defined markings towards the top, and I like that better. 

Another reason why I'm doing the TCW version is because I have the character sheet. It's nice to have an official reference, and it makes design sooo much easier! I'm doing some details different because either it will be easier, or just to add personal flair, but for the most part it will look pretty similar.

Another thing about this costume: I'm only making about 4 parts of it (not including body paint)
-Lekku + headdress
-Belt
-Sash Thing
-Jedi Robe (possibly)

If I have time I'll make arm guards and ditch the robe idea, because it can get really hot with all that body paint on xD

Material List:
Sash
-1/3 x 1 yard of tan vynal
-ruler and pencil
-crimson, yellow ochre, and burnt sienna acrlyc paint
-Scissors and an Exacto Knife

Belt
-Silver or Gold buckle 
-Brown or Black belt (I may make this out of vinyl)
-Belt Pouches/lightsaber area (I may make these out of vinyl, too)

Dress (skirt/top)
-Reddish-brown floor length skirt
-Brown or black scoop-neck shirt

Lekku
I'll possibly be making this out of carving foam, but I'm not entirely sure yet. 

Accessories
-Arm Guards? 
-Headdress
       -wire, dragon's breath opal, assorted beads, silver-painted craft foam
-Brown leggings and Boots
-lightsaber  (I might make this and just do the hilt_
-Jedi Cloak + Gold tri


I'll update this list with links to anything I buy, but here it is! The start of my Shaak Ti costume!!


No comments:

Post a Comment