Saturday, August 10, 2013

First Week of School

I have survived the first week of school! It was actually pretty fun, and I'm pretty excited for this year. LOTS of people there are hard-core Whovians, so that's great. But the people who aren't Whovians think we're crazy.

This year I'm taking History, Geometry, Anatomy, English, and Drama. I almost didn't get into the performing arts elective, but a few people dropped out so I got in! The school is known for the fantastic plays it puts on each year, so I'm really glad to be a part of that. It is almost guaranteed that I will get a lead/supporting/soloist role because of my past experiences on stage.

I have a few classes with Misti and Quartermaster. It's so cool to go to school every day with them! I've met a few people over the past week (but can't remember a lot of their names -_-). I already know a few of the Juniors from my church, and a couple of people in my grade.

My history teacher is AWESOME! He reminds me of my 8th grade english teacher: lots of interactive class discussions. He really makes us think about the subject, and makes sure we all get our thoughts in. I just hope he doesn't mind that I started a paper with a "Star Wars" quote...

So here I am, typing this on my brand new laptop, gearing up for the rest of the year.

God Bless!

(Oh, and my July art will probably be up within a week.)




No comments:

Post a Comment