Friday, March 14, 2014

Azula and Aang Cosplays Pt. 1

Alright, here we go on my next big cosplay endeavor! I'm planning on going to Kraken Con on April 6, so I don't have a lot of time to pull this together. Fortunately, I have a two week break, so I should be able to get it done.

I also have to convince my brother to be Aang.

AZULA

Costume plans/notes



Materials (already have):

  • Amour
    • One yard of vinyl 
    • Iron on interfacing
    • yellow and orange ribbon or some similar lining
    • velcro/clips (I haven't totally figured out how I'm going to keep it all on)
  • Mom got me this lovely wig in black for Christmas. It's perfect!
  • Black boots (supposedly... I have yet to ask Mom if I can use hers :p)
  • Jumper Skirt
    • Fabric choice 1,  choice 2 (idk which one I like better... what do y'all think?)
    • Plastic boning
    • iron-on interfacing
    • yellow ribbon 
  • Red shirt/pants (LIGHT FABRIC)
    • I'm planning on just buying and modifying this, since I don't have time to make it all by scratch
  • Gloves
    • I honestly have no idea what to do here. Funny, I hate having to deal with gloves in cosplay, but all of my major projects have gloves :p
  • Belt
    • I'll either make it out of leather or up-cycle an old belt.
  • Props
    • I'm thinking about making some sort of flame prop... maybe like this
My uncle is going to help with all of the leather work, and I'll keep y'all updated on that. As with any cosplayer, I want to add my own creative spin on the costume. I feel like, if ATLA were real, the fabrics of the Fire Nation royals would be very ornate- that's why I really want to use Jacquard fabric. I've also been inspired by this cosplay to maybe add some design to the armor:


AANG
Ok, in all honesty, I haven't even asked my brother about this. But he loves ATLA, so he may agree to do it. I honestly think his season 3 outfit would be easiest (and I also really want to paint the scar on his back)
Obviously he would need a bald cap, and the pants would just be grey/black sweats. The top would be more difficult, because it would need to be held in place... I want to go with a simple fabric, sticking with Airbender tradition. I have no clue what we're going to do about the boots.

So, yeah, tell me what you think, and any suggestions would be much appreciated! And feel free to ask any questions!

(and i have no idea why the link colors are so inconsistent...)


No comments:

Post a Comment